1. The Customer is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of his account and password obtained upon registration and for restricting access of third parties to his account. The Customer agrees to accept full responsibility for all activities that occur under his account and/or through the use of his password.
2. During registration on the Portal, the Customer will be asked to choose a login name and a password to access his account. His email address will be used as his login name.
3. If the Customer forgets or loses his password, the password can be reset online.
4. The Customer should change his password on a regular basis.
5. The Customer should be precautious with automatic sign in; and must refrain from checking the “remember me” option on the application form screen if he uses a shared computer.
6. GECC Ltd implements security measures to protect personal information of the Customers during payment transactions. All information pertaining to any transaction on the Portal is encrypted using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol before transmission. This Portal secures the Customer’s private information using a SSL Certificate.
7. If the Customer updates any of his information, GECC Ltd may keep a copy of the information that the Customer originally provided in –The GECC Ltd’s archives for reasons as documented in this Policy. The Customer can view and modify his personal information by clicking on the Portal option “My Account”.
1. GECC Ltd undertakes to protect the information provided by the Customer in compliance with the Data Protection Law of Mauritius.
3. GECC Ltd will receive and store any information the Customer enters on the Portal or provides in any other way. GECC Ltd shall use the information that the Customer provides for such purposes as responding to his requests, customizing future shopping for him, improving its stores, and communicating with him.
GECC Ltd automatically collects certain personal information when the Customer is using the Portal, such as the customer’s IP address, browser type, operating system, mobile carrier, ISP, URLs of sites from which the Customer arrives or leaves the Portal and/or mobile applications and sites that have embedded GECC Ltd’s platform technology. Through cookies and other technologies GECC Ltd is able to recognize the Customer as an existing or registered user of the Portal and/or mobile application.
A cookie is a tiny data file that resides on the Customer’s computer, mobile phone, or other device, and allows GECC Ltd to recognize the Customer when he returns to the Portal using the same computer and web browser.
The Customer’s personal information can only be disclosed to third parties where required or as authorized by the Law.
1. The quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by the Customer through the Portal will meet his expectations; and
2. Any errors in the Portal will be corrected.